Holus Health Counselling Practice is based in Bowral in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales. We offer a holistic approach to mental health and wellbeing.
We provide professional and discreet mental health and counselling services for individuals, couples and families, utilizing various approaches tailored to the individual needs of the client(s). In our practice we are always looking for two things at the same time: what’s not working in people’s lives , and also what is working. Our practitioners are always scanning for strengths so we can build on those.
When working with families Holus Health practitioners work within the Structural and Milan Therapy framework. Amplifying deviations in family interactions is a critical practice in family therapy following a systemic intervention. This is the main principle behind the Milan Therapy Approach.
Can you relate to any of these issues?
- Anxiety, anger and sadness overwhelms you and it’s hard to think clearly.
- You are feeling stuck, repeating unhelpful patterns of behaviour.
- Critical of yourself and the choices you have made.
- Overcoming painful events seems impossible.
- Having relationship or intimacy problems or a relationship breakdown.
- Withdrawn from friends and family.
- Exhausting yourself trying to function on a daily basis.
- Concerned about your relationship, children or your work.
Holus Health Counselling Practice Bowral can help
Connecting with an experienced counsellor who offers care, support and hope. It can turn your life around.
Working together, Holus Health Counselling Practice Bowral can help you gain confidence to find meaning and direction and make better choices.
- Improve your intimate relationships.
- Embrace life and reconnect with your inner self.
- Make healthier lifestyle and relationship choices.
- Restore balance and reconnect with being the parent, friend or colleague you desire to be.
- Take control of your emotional world instead of being ruled by it!
What you can expect from counselling
The first session is used primarily as a fact-finding mission, seeking to understand what has brought you to counselling. It is also used as a “getting to know you” session for both the counsellor and you.
Together we will arrive at a shared understanding of the underlying causes and factors contributing to your difficulties. We will establish an appropriate treatment plan, starting you on the path to overcoming and managing your concerns and achieving your goals.
Treatment is usually only 5-15 sessions. A simple issue may only take a few sessions, while more complex issues taking longer. We will come up with a flexible plan that is suitable for you.
Your sessions will primarily focus on the present and reference to your past will only occur when it is relevant. Through your sessions, you will be provided with skills to practice and master in your everyday life, so that you can manage issues as they arise.
Our approaches are accessible and clear so that you can achieve your goals swiftly and effectively.
Service Fees ….. HICAPS Available.
- Students 1 hr – $110
- Individual Counselling 1 hr – $120
- Individual Counselling 1.5 hr – $165
- Couples Counselling 1 hr – $150 & 11/2 $225
- Family Counselling 1hr – $190 (up to 4 members in a session)
- Supervision Sessions Professional/ Clinical $110
- Mental Health First Aid (parents / Caregivers) 2hrs $220 per session. Group Fees (up to 4 people) price on inquiry.
Holus Health Bowral is an accredited provider with Medibank Private and ahm, Bupa and Doctors Health Please check with your health fund to see if you can receive a rebate. Special consideration given to individuals with financial difficulties. This can be discussed at initial contact. If you need to cancel your appointment we respectively request at least 24 hrs notice or a cancellation fee will apply. We do our very best to reschedule your service for another time that is convenient for you.
Telehealth Services are available if you prefer to remain covid-safe and not attend a face to face session.
Open: MONDAY – THURSDAY 9AM-6PM
For Immediate Assistance: Emergency 000, Lifeline 131114, NSW mental Heath Access line 1800 011 511 Suicide Call Back 1300 659 467